Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mami's Tacos

I recognize that my taco judging has been a bit subjective. I prefer simple, grilled tacos. But others may prefer the deep-fried and sauce-covered genre, like my friend Summer. She prefers those kind of tacos, that is – she herself is not deep-fried and covered in sauce.



Yesterday we went to a stand on the street that was recommended to us by another fish taco place. This one has no name, just a woman who fries up fish and shrimp tacos. She goes by “Mami.” And I will admit, her tacos were delicious.



They do not beat La Fiesta in my book. But so far, they’re Summer’s favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am visiting Sayulita next week with my family. I set up a google alert for any mention of Sayulita and have been getting your blogs every day or two for the last week. It's helped put me in the mood!!!(not that I needed much help to get in the mood for a vacation!) Very excited - our first visit!! We also live in SF (and I'm a pisces, too!). Never have been a fan of fish tacos but this may all change when we hit up Sayulita next week!
    gretchen

    ReplyDelete